The fact that misdemeanor DUI/DWI is a common charge does not make it less significant. Even a first-time conviction can mean jail time, up to $1,000 in fines (plus significant court costs) and the loss of your driving privileges for a year.
Don’t let this happen.
At the Metairie law firm of Sanjay K. Biswas, Attorney at Law, we provide vigorous and fearless representation to clients charged with drunk driving in New Orleans and throughout Louisiana. With more than 16 years of legal experience, our lawyer can assist you with:
- Breath and blood tests — Breathalyzer machines can make errors. Learn how our attorney can seek to combat the results of your test or your Breathalyzer refusal.
- Driver’s license suspension — After your arrest, you have only 15 days to apply for an administrative hearing to contest the suspension of your license.
- Driving under the influence of drugs — Impaired driving includes more than alcohol. You can also be arrested for allegedly driving under the influence of marijuana, prescription drugs and other substances.
- Field sobriety tests — Were you asked to walk a straight line, touch your finger to your nose or recite the alphabet backward? Such tests may not be accurate. Talk to our lawyer to learn more.
- Repeat DUI — The penalties increase significantly for second and third DUI convictions, so take action to protect yourself.
- Traffic violations — In addition to drunk driving charges, we represent individuals charged with reckless driving, speeding and other offenses.
- Vehicular homicide — If you were involved in an accident that resulted in fatalities, it is critical to obtain skilled legal counsel right away — even if you don’t believe you were at fault.
We Take Your Charges Seriously
A DUI/DWI charge is a serious matter, so start building your defense today with a attorney who will take your charges seriously.